Phoenix Christian PreK-8 Home Schooling Students Program
We are passionate about helping parents educate their children as God would have us do. We believe God’s mandate in Deuteronomy 6 is very clear to His people to train their children in the ways of the Lord all of the time. God gives parents this covenantal responsibility to nurture and train their children. We believe that Christian parents may choose to exercise this responsibility via home schooling and/or share the carrying out of this responsibility with board governed and Christ-centered institutions such as Phoenix Christian School PreK-8.
Our central goal as a Christian school is to serve Christ’s kingdom by serving parents as they train their children to see God’s world through the lens of His Word and help them grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. As part of our service within Christ’s Kingdom, we thus welcome students whose Christian parents wish to augment their home schooling with specific classes and co- curricular programs provided by Phoenix Christian School PreK-8.
We currently offer part-time enrollment in the following areas to students who are home schooled:
- Physical Education
- Extra-curricular Sports
Please contact the administrator with any questions or to discuss other specific needs.
- Part-time students are subject to the same policies as full-time students (seePolicies & Standards).
- Students with special needs will be evaluated for enrollment on a case-by-case basis.
- Part-time students are enrolled per semester based upon available space in classrooms, which can change from semester to semester.
- Part-time students will be evaluated by the faculty for grade-level appropriate class placement (as is done for all new students).
- Part-time students are welcome to participate in field trips that are associated with the classes in which they are enrolled. Participation in other grade-level field trips will require the payment of a field trip fee determined by the administrator.
- Part-time students are encouraged to be enrolled in consecutive periods (for logistical reasons) if at all possible.
- Part-time-only students are not eligible to receive a Phoenix Christian PreK-8 Diploma.
- The parents of part-time students are eligible to become part of the Phoenix Christian PreK-8 Society (subject to all society policies) and thus participate as voting members in the society’s annual meeting.
If the student attends first period, they should report directly to their first-period classroom. If their first class is any period other than first period, they must check in at the office and remain in the office until the previous period ends. If the student’s last class is not the final period of the day, they must check out in the office immediately following their final class. If the student’s last period is at the end of the day, they leave campus as do all other students. Students are not permitted to remain on campus following their last period without prior administrator approval. Part-time students are eligible for before and after school day care on a case-by-case basis subject to administrator approval.
One course (per school year) - $1750.00
Two or more courses (per school year) - $1500.00 per course
*Phoenix Christian PreK-8 is a board governed institution, established by parents for parents. While our bylaws do not mandate that all board members be a parent of a currently enrolled student, our historical practice is that this is the case, by design, for the large majority of board members.