Phoenix Christian School K-8 | Academics
At Phoenix Christian School PreK-8, our students receive a carefully defined educational program emphasizing basic skills and a full range of creative activities. Our students are provided with many opportunities for mental, spiritual, physical and emotional growth in a caring atmosphere.
- Our daily Bible classes follow the Bible curriculum from Christian Schools International.
- All classes are taught from a Christian worldview.
- Our students are challenged to think deeper about their faith. Our curriculum helps to foster a more personal faith, moving their beliefs from their heads to their hearts.
- All classes open their school day with devotions and all school chapels are held twice monthly.
- The math curriculum builds each year in the areas of numbers and operations, algebra, geometry, measurement, data analysis and probability, problem solving and reasoning.
- Starting in 5th grade, students have the opportunity to test into high level math. Some students have been able to complete high school level geometry during their 8th grade year.
- Starting in 5th grade, students are involved in a number of STEM units that complement our curriculum.
- Students at every grade level are challenged to think and act as scientists.
- Grades 1-6 have specific handwriting workbooks for students and grades 7-8 continue to emphasize proper handwriting.
- Cursive lettering instruction begins in 3rd grade.
- The curriculum encompasses the reading and literature programs, writing skills, grammar studies, as well as spelling and language usage.
- The upper level classes study speech and drama.
- Starting in Kindergarten, our students receive phonics instruction to encourage reading success.
- Various textbooks and trade books are incorporated into our course of study to ensure a thorough coverage of all of the essential elements of social studies, particularly geography, history, and civic responsibility.
More information about our co-curricular classes can be found here.(Click here for co-curricular page)
More information about our extra-curricular activities can be found here. (Click here for extra-curricular page)